-->
ThoughtsOnline

Tuesday, September 13, 2011


Two, somewhat related thoughts:

Two years ago, Obama spent close to a trillion dollars on a stimulus plan that didn't produce much of anything in the way of jobs.

So now he is pushing another $450 million in more of the same stimulus spending... and at the same time pushing to such $450 million out of the pockets of the most productive members of the economy.

Even if the 'jobs' programs he is pushing actually created jobs, why would anyone think sucking the same amount of money out of the economy would produce a net gain of jobs?

There is no way that anyone could think that this would so anything to improve the economy. Anyone, that is, who understood even a little bit about how the economy works.


As bad as Obama has been on just about every aspect of the economy, I'm not upset with him. He doesn't know any better, getting mad at him for what he is doing is as silly as getting mad at a one year old who spills his food on the floor. It is just the way it is.

Nor can I say I am disappointed in him, and for pretty much the same reason. Disappointment comes from unmet expectations, and I had no expectation that he was going to get anything right.

What does bother me is that Obama is a constant reminder that a really large number of my fellow Americans are, to put it bluntly, idiots. I look at the polls that show, even today, that 1 out of 5 people think he's doing a great job and have to think, what are these people smoking? I look at the polls that show him running even or ahead of the GOP candidates and have to think, how deluded are his supporters that they could think that anyone would do a worse job?

Having him as President is like having salt poured in a wound... every day, every day, every day. I would think that at some point I would become numb... but it hasn't happened yet.