-->
ThoughtsOnline

Monday, October 05, 2009


For today's example of misleading the public, I offer Obama's statement, in referring to doctors, that "nobody has more credibility with the American people on this issue (health insurance reform) than you do".

While nobody (probably) has more credibility with the American people than doctors on the subject of medical care, it doesn't follow that we trust our doctors when it comes to medical insurance.

Deciding what is 'right' on health insurance actually requires thinking less about the actual care one receives than the up-front premium costs, lists of participating doctors and hospitals, deductibles, co-pays and the other criteria that people consider when deciding whether a proposal is to the benefit or detriment... and a lot of these factors involve money.. and not just money in the abstract, but my money... a subject I'm not holding my breath hoping that my internist is knowledgeable about.