-->
ThoughtsOnline

Monday, January 08, 2007


(THE FOLLOWING IS A WORK IN PROGRESS.... suggestions and input are welcome)

With thanks... or apologies... to Pete Townsend, here's my reaction to Bush coming up with a new plan for Iraq:

They'll be fighting in Iraq
With their buddies at their back
Just wanting to survive the next attack
And the man who spurred them on
Sits and ponders what went wrong
His hopes of victory so long gone

(CHORUS)
I shake my head at the thought of him thinking
That there's a chance of us ever winning
Grimace in pain of more Americans dying
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were chasing a bad plan, that's all
And the new plan looks the same
Despite what he claims
'Cause he won't ever admit he was wrong

(REPEAT CHORUS)

I apologize for voting for him
God, how could I have been so dim
I'll shake my head while he continues to lie
For I know too many soldiers are going to die

There's nothing in his plan
Looks any different to me
Except generals are replaced, wave goodbye
To the grumbling from the left
We add the grumbling on the right
More lives and money wasted every night

REPEAT CHORUS

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new plan
Same as the old plan