-->
ThoughtsOnline

Friday, April 15, 2005


Courtesy of the good professor, I read the Anchoress'excerpt of Mary Mapes' book treatment, in which she portrays herself as the victim of a "wilding" attack by conservative bloggers.

For those who aren't familiar with the term 'wilding', it was first used in connotation with the 1989 'Central Park Jogger' incident, in which a white woman was beaten and sexually assaulted in New York's Central Park by a pack of marauding black and hispanic youths. I don't know about the rest of the conservative blogosphere, but I certainly feel that Mapes' equating her being called to task for shoddy work and bias with being sexually assaulted is ludicrous and beneath contempt.

Here's the Instapundit link. He says, "I don't think it's a spoof". If it is, my apologies. If it is for real, I think we're the ones due an apology. What is it, Mary?